Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I think that's a bit too natural!

Interesting sights abound for those of us who enjoy getting out and rubbing shoulders with Mother Nature. The natural world, when not messed up by humans, is a wonder to behold. Even walks that don't lead to spectacular views, impressive waterfalls or fields of wildflowers have enough beauty to satisfy anyone if you just look. Then you have those who believe not only in getting out in nature, but doing so in the most natural way possible - in the buff! I remember the first time I encountered nudity on a trail. It was on the Mountains-to-Sea Trail where it loops around past Asheville, NC. I was just walking along enjoying the wildflowers and other natural features this trail abounds with when, lo and behold, I spy a young man jogging toward me on the trail. He was dressed in jogging shoes and gloves and was working out with a dumbbell in each hand as he jogged. (I guess the gloves were to keep his hands from getting too sweaty. I didn't ask.) And that's all he had on! His body looked just fine. Funny thing, though, I don't remember his face too clearly. Matter of fact, I'm not sure I noticed it at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment